PDA

View Full Version : Time Capsule

ashok77
11-20-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry to ask this but I wasn't 100% clear on the responses I read in other posts.

My current set up consists of a MacBook Pro, a Time Capsule 1tb and a WD My Book Home Edition. I currently have all my movies and music sitting on the Time Capsule and the My Book is currently empty. What I'm looking to do is have the My Book be my back-up drive and have Superduper copy all the files from the Time Capsule to the My Book.

Is this possible? I know that since the Time Capsule is considered a network drive it appears greyed out in the drop down menus. Will there be an update to allow network drives to be copied? Do I need to work the opposite way and keep all my music on the My Book and back up to the Time Capsule (ie. somehow get a sparse file on Time Capsule, don't have time machine)?

Thanks.

Ash

dnanian
11-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Sorry, no: we can't copy from a network drive... nor do we copy directly TO a network drive (we use a 'sparse image' as Time Machine does in the same situation).

ashok77
11-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the quick response!

Is there any option available that could be recommended for what I would like to do? ie. something that would copy/duplicate from a network drive

I do like Superduper and plan on using it to back up my MacBook but I'll still be looking for an easier way to back up my movies and music.

Thanks again.