PDA

View Full Version : Not Backing Up!

jpf566
11-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Ok I have Super Duper on a server and it is set to back up one external drive to another. Every time I come back to check on the server super duper hasnt done anything and the "to" location is blank! (the dropdown menu that allows you to choose where you are backing the files up to) Does anyone know what would cause this? Neither hard drives are ever unplugged and they are always visible on my desktop...Thanks all

dnanian
11-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Have you reviewed the various restrictions in the 'Scheduling' section of the User's Guide?

jpf566
11-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Have you reviewed the various restrictions in the 'Scheduling' section of the User's Guide?

No I havent....I wasnt the one that set up the server. What are you getting at? what do you think the issue is? Ill read up on that..

dnanian
11-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm getting at the documentation covers the cases where this happens (at least, the ones that are 'by design') -- trying not to re-type things there. :)

jpf566
11-06-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm getting at the documentation covers the cases where this happens (at least, the ones that are 'by design') -- trying not to re-type things there. :)

Hey, I didn't really see anything relevant to my issue in the Users guide. The one thing I did see and double check is the "energy saver" and the computer is not set to go to sleep ever.

Below is the actual error message.

| 03:00:03 AM | Error | The automatic copy aborted because SuperDuper!
could not locate the Destination volume named CreativeBackup.

dnanian
11-06-2008, 01:48 PM
OK. In this case, the destination volume isn't present in the same form it was in when the schedule was created. Delete and recreate the schedule, and let's see if that helps.