PDA

View Full Version : Can I use SuperDuper! 2.5 with my LaCie d2 Quadra Shortcut Button?

colink
11-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Can I use SuperDuper! 2.5 with my LaCie d2 Quadra Shortcut Button?

:confused:

dnanian
11-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Yes. See the "One Touch Button" FAQ entry (Help > Frequently Asked Questions in SuperDuper).

colink
11-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Yes, I read this entry but assumed inscructions for a LaCie Shortcut Button would be diffrent than those for the Maxor OneTouch Button. Should instructions for the two be the same?

dnanian
11-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Yes, they're basically the same (the technique is exactly the same, even if the preference pane is slightly different).

tpritchard
02-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Actually, when I follow the OneTouch instructions to the letter, I end up with an alias in the Settings folder called 'LaCie Backup Button' (my naming choice) but the LaCie Button Utility system pref - which is the LaCie equivalent of the Maxtor utility to assign the action to the button - doesn't recognize it. I also don't see 'Copy Job.app' so I assume the LaCie utility does things differently than the Maxtor utility does.

Any ideas?

TIA. And for all the great work you do for Mac users!

dnanian
02-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I don't think you could have followed the instructions to the letter; I've got the LaCie utility working here, no issues, with those exact instructions. Does the alias/link run the backup when you double-click it in Finder? If not... it wasn't done properly.