PDA

View Full Version : Newbie- OS X and Win XP On The Same Back Up?

davelong9050
11-01-2008, 11:58 PM
I am using VM Fusion and have both an Win XP partition and an OS X partition on a MacBook Pro. Is it possible to back up this entire drive using Super Duper?

Thanks.

Fathub
11-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Am also interested in a 'full clone' of the XP Pro SP3 as I would like to buy a MBP (can't see my smaller screen MB) and install exact clone of the MBP of what I have already right now on the MB....without going through 3 days worth of Windows re-installing and configuring.....
Will the SD copy of the one MB computer's XP version go straight into the MBP on a clean HD? What are the parameters of the copy?
Thanx in advance from a dumb neophyte :rolleyes:

dnanian
11-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Sorry: we don't copy Windows partitions. Try using something like WinClone to copy Windows volumes.

Fathub
11-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Sorry: we don't copy Windows partitions. Try using something like WinClone to copy Windows volumes.

I don't think winclone does dissimilar HD sizes...I realize that Macs are supposed to be more stable but NOT to have a method to B/U the Windows portion of your HD will prevent a huge number of would be Mac converts from migrating. I realize this is a NMJ reply but I refuse to use a product that doesn't give me peace of mind in more than one way to assure a professional performance and/or recovery in case of a fault.

No problems...only opportunities.....an old boy like me would pay good money for a solution!:)