PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt dock icons on main boot

ros
11-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi
sandboxed to an external lacie a week ago and have been booting from the sandbox partition. today when the lacie wasnt connected i booted from the internal drive of my MBP and most of the icons from my dock are corrupt.
im using tiger 10.4.10
thanks
ros

dnanian
11-02-2008, 08:40 AM
They're likely pointing to files on the Sandbox, Ros. What do they show when you 'reveal in Finder'?

ros
11-02-2008, 02:25 PM
no they are not pointing to files on the sandbox, they are pointing to wav and other sound files on my internal drive

dnanian
11-02-2008, 02:40 PM
OK: they've just resolved different because they were pointing to things on the Sandbox, but the drive names are now relatively different. You can recreate them easily...

ros
11-02-2008, 08:29 PM
i recreated the icons, shut down, and restarted with the sandbox drive.
then after a while i restarted with the internal drive and 2 of the icons are corrupt again.
i dont see how they can resolve differently cos they are pointing to the same shared applications that are common to both the sandbox and the internal boot.

is this accepted behaviour with sandbox and internal boots?
thanks
ros

dnanian
11-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Finder sometimes does weird thing like this, Ros: aliases don't always resolve as you'd expect when they're moved from 'drive to drive' (referenced from /, when / changes)...