PDA

View Full Version : SuperDuper won't exit after backup

sline
09-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi -
I have a MacBook Pro running Leopard. My SuperDuper works fine when run from the automatic scheduler, however sometimes if I start it manually, after the backup finishes SuperDuper doesn't exit, and if I click the red close button it won't close the window. When in this situation it still won't exit if I click the menu Exit option. The only way I can get rid of it is to kill the pid. Anybody know what's going on here?
Steve

dnanian
09-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Does this happen when an automatic schedule has run but the drive isn't attached?

sline
09-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Does this happen when an automatic schedule has run but the drive isn't attached?

Yes, usually the automatic scheduler starts a backup, and my drive isn't mounted so I turn on the drive, it mounts, then I select the drive in the drop down menu, then I click a button to start the backup.

When it's done I rarely (never?) can kill it.

dnanian
09-11-2008, 08:15 AM
OK -- so, SuperDuper is in a mode where it's not allowed to prompt for things (because it's running scripted). You changed the drive pop-up which modified the settings, and when you're trying to quit it's trying to prompt you to save the settings, but can't display the dialog (because of the scripting).

Press Cmd+s before Cmd+q and it'll quit.

b727plumber
09-22-2008, 04:31 AM
Hello,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem! I tried using Command + S, then Command + Q, but it still won't quit. Any more suggestions??

Thanks!

dnanian
09-22-2008, 08:10 AM
That really should work... your scheduled fired when the drive wasn't attached?

b727plumber
09-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks Dave! SD (ver. 84) popped up and alerted me that I needed to do my scheduled backup. I attached my firewire 800 WD MyBook 500GB external drive to my MacBook Pro and commenced the backup. It worked perfectly.

When it was done, I ejected the external drive and physically removed the firewire cable. Then, when I went to Command + Q SD, it just sat there. I tried clicking on the red dot - nothing. I tried pulling down the menu and selecting Quit - nothing. Then, I checked this forum and tried the Command + S, then Command + Q - still nothing.

Thanks for your help!

dnanian
09-22-2008, 11:33 AM
I don't know why that would be... the Cmd+s should save the settings and allow you to quit. You're not still stuck in that state, are you?

b727plumber
09-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Dave,

It's been stuck ever since! When I try a Command + S, I get the little chime. When I try Command + Q, no luck.

Any ideas other than a force quit??

Thanks!

dnanian
09-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Just Control+Option+Click SD!'s dock icon and choose "Force Quit".

b727plumber
09-25-2008, 12:22 PM
That worked - thanks!

Any ideas why it got stuck??

dnanian
09-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Not if Cmd+s didn't work, no.