PDA

View Full Version : Copy Job.app

Gilly
08-07-2008, 04:15 AM
This happened a while ago and now twice in the last 2 days: I get a message on the screen from Copy Job.app - there's a Script icon and it says 'The command exited with a non-zero status'. There's a blue OK button which doesn't respond to clicks.

Someone on my Mac User Group suggested this might be to do with Super Duper, which is scheduled to run every evening, but it didn't, yesterday or Tuesday, which would explain getting this message yesterday and today...?

I haven't used any Apple scripts, so wonder what's going on.

dnanian
08-07-2008, 07:53 AM
That's weird. Please delete your scheduled copy in SuperDuper! and recreate it; let's see if that helps. (You can use the "Copy Now" Button, in the scheduled copies window, to see if the script runs properly.)

Gilly
08-08-2008, 02:34 AM
OK - I deleted the schedule, did Copy Now, which went fine, then made a new schedule for 8pm (London time) which stopped before the end of copying.
Here are the last 3 lines of the log:

08:16:17 PM | Error | SVUAgent could not fork process
| 08:28:47 PM | Error | LOGGED EXCEPTION: NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: couldn't fork, userInfo: (null)
| 08:28:47 PM | Error | LOGGED EXCEPTION: NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: couldn't fork, userInfo: (null)

Cheers

dnanian
08-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Restart your Mac, Gilly.

Gilly
08-08-2008, 07:43 PM
OK - all fine now. Thanks very much.

Gilly
08-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Message from Copy Job.app - there's a Script icon and it says 'The command exited with a non-zero status'. There's a blue OK button which doesn't respond to clicks, and Super Duper won't open. Only way to get rid is to log out.

However, after logging in again and opening SD, the Scheduled Copies window shows that the last scheduled copy ran with no problems.

dnanian
08-10-2008, 11:19 PM
That's weird. I don't know why that would have happened. Does it occur if you click the "Copy Now" button in the Scheduled Copies window?