PDA

View Full Version : Intego where art thou?

rmf
08-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Any more recent information from Intego on the whereabouts for a fix for virus barrier? I corresponded with them for a while, but have had no response from them for more than a week. I'm solving the issue by excluding the naughty virus barrier files from my clones but am wondering if there is any more recent information on the status.

dnanian
08-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Some users have received responses from Intego indicating they're working on it.

DaleMeyn
08-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey guys,
There was a new virus definitions update and it fixed the problem.
Mike Anthony 7-22-2008

If this is so, then all is well. if not, is there a shell script that can be used to turn off VirusBarrier background scan during automatic scheduled SD! backups? Otherwise, I'll have to do all my backups manually, a somewhat inconvenient alternative. I haven't had the problem because I'm still using VirusBarrier v4 with OS 10.4.11, but if and when I update to VB v5, I will probably have problems.

Dale Meyn

dnanian
08-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Actually, Dale, you can just leave Real Time Scanning off, at least for now... you're kind of scanning for viruses that do not exist!

DaleMeyn
08-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Dave, what took you so long, that was nearly a minute! I think you're right. Maybe I should just neglect to update VB altogether, at least until the Mac OS gets more popular and the virus makers notice it.
Dale Meyn.