PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please tell me how this is possible with SuperDuper?

smurray
06-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Ok, here's what I'm trying to do. I have a usb external drive that I would like to use as a backup for a few folders on my macbook. It doesn't need to be a full backup, or bootable, or anything like that. All I want to do is backup my Music, Movies, Documents, Downloads, and Desktop folders onto my external drive. Up until now I've been doing it manually, but that's becoming quite a pain. I'd like to be able to run a program and have it automatically figure out what files have been changed or what files are new and add them to the external drive.

Is this possible with SuperDuper? And if so, could someone please explain how.

Budgie
06-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi smurray

Yes, this is definitely possible with SD, youll need to create a copy script, this is explained on page 20 to 25 and 46 to 54 of SD's user guide., it's quite simple to set up.

Budg

dnanian
06-17-2008, 05:01 PM
If you drop me a note to support, I'll provide you with more detailed and specific instructions.

smurray
06-17-2008, 06:01 PM
If you drop me a note to support, I'll provide you with more detailed and specific instructions.

email sent. thanks so much!