PDA

View Full Version : "Elegant" Solution???

richb
06-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for any help.

I currently use SD 2.5 to backup my MBP (10.5.3), making an incremental backup sparse image, to my Time Capsule.

That is working fine.

I keep my iTunes Lib, and my iPhoto Lib on my Time Capsule. (this too works fine)

I currently Manually backup the iTunes Lib and the iPhoto Lib from the TC to an attached USB drive.

I am looking for a much more elegant solution. Can SD! backup, incrementally, both the iTunes and iPhoto Libraries from the Time Capsule to an attached USB drive?

If so, how would that be accomplished?
If not, how might I go about this?

Thanks for all the hard work on a great piece of software.

dnanian
06-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Sorry, no: we can't copy from a network drive.

AVI
06-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi - I have a simialr query I think;
I've just purchased SuperDuper!, I was hoping to use it to back up an external FireWire drive (1) of mine to another external drive (2).

I currently use (2) as a TimeMachine backup / general backup drive, and store most of my working documents etc. on the FireWire (1) drive rather than the internal drive, so obviously it would be convienient to be able to backup (1) to (2) [TimeMachine doesn't have a facility for this].
I assumed formt he website that SD! would allow me to do so, but FireWire (1) doesn't appear in the "from" list.
Should this work? and if so, what should I do / activate / etc ?

with thanks in advance,

AVI

dnanian
06-07-2008, 06:17 PM
It's quite likely your source FireWire drive isn't formatted as HFS+ (Mac-formatted)... you can check in Finder, by doing a "Get Info" on the volume.

AVI
06-07-2008, 07:50 PM
ah, entirely possible. This has the advantage that I can use it happily on Windows machines (including the BootCamp part of my mac) without needing MediaFour's "MacDrive" or similar. Does this mean I can't use it with SuperDuper, then?

dnanian
06-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Not for this volume, no.