PDA

View Full Version : Icon Issue, Yes I read all the Icon posts...

mattyparanoid
03-26-2008, 08:51 AM
New user here, I am deployed USAF in Iraq and I plan on using SuperDuper to facilitate the removal and replacement of the hard drive on my Macbook Pro. I did a search prior to this post and read 4 pages of posts regarding icons. This issue may be related, but if so I am unclear on how.

I have used SuperDuper with Tiger in the past to back up my drive, but have never booted or restored from the drive (I know, I know, I should test and I actually just completed a successfull boot from the drive.

OK, I upgraded to Leopard, and am ready to install a new drive, I have done a full backup.

Previously when I would back up using SD I would watch the icon switch from bootable hd, to generic removable drive, then back to bootable hd at the completion of the backup.

I now notice with 2.5 and Leopard that the drive icon stays the generic removable hd orange icon.

My questions are: Was there a change to SD, is it Leopard? Should I be alarmed? When my T6 screwdriver arrives from Sears I am ready to swap drives and I want to be prepared. I am so worried about doing this in the field that I have a time machine back up, a CCC backup and a SuperDuper backup all on seperate drives...just in case.

My mac just booted fine from the SD disk, but I am still curious about the disk icon.

Thanks.

MSgt in Baghdad

dnanian
03-26-2008, 10:33 AM
This is documented in the release notes: we now preserve the destination drive's icon. Nothing to worry about.

mattyparanoid
03-26-2008, 11:24 AM
But obviously I didn't read the release notes. Thanks for the quick reply. If SD works well I plan on purchasing.

Cheers