PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions . . .

thokitts
03-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Bought SD yesterday and am trying it out. So far it works like a charm. However, I have two simple questions:

1) Does SD actually have to be launched to be able to clone my laptop's internal drive or is that not necessary once I have scheduled the script. (I want the cloning to occur during the night when I am away from the laptop and my account is normally active 24/7.)

. . . and I posted this question earlier this morning but didn't see it come up in the forum

2) Can SD automatically back up a single folder from my wirelessly networked drive onto my laptop? I have one shared folder containing files I need to duplicate to my laptop at the moment following the clone back up script. I see I can clone a volume, or back up a drive and exclude folders, but it doesn't appear I can simply select the folder I want that contains the info I need to duplicate. (I know I can set Leopard's Automator to accomplish this but Automator requires saving the script as a plug-in and sets up a repeating iCal event I have to hide. I was hoping SD could back up this network folder onto to my laptop after it clones my HD to the network drive. You know, with just one application, i.e., SuperDuper.)

TIA

thokitts

dnanian
03-11-2008, 08:28 PM
1) No, it doesn't. See the "Scheduling" section of the User's Guide.

2) No, it can't: we can't copy from a network drive.

thokitts
03-11-2008, 08:40 PM
1) No, it doesn't. See the "Scheduling" section of the User's Guide.

2) No, it can't: we can't copy from a network drive.[/QUOTE]

Okay, got it. And thanks for the immediate response. I'll go ahead and set up the nightly folder copy using Apple's Automator then.

regards,

thokitts