PDA

View Full Version : lost some screensavers

sophonsiba
02-02-2008, 04:46 PM
I am a recent convert ftom XP. Last night I used SuperDuper 2.1.4 for the first time to do a full backup from my startup hard drive to a firewire drive. Everything went fine but....After the backup I could no longer select RSS visualizer Screen Saver in System Preferences because it doesn't appear any more. This is when booting from the original Startup drive or the Backup. It also is missing if I log into a different administrator account. I noticed that during the 40 minute backup my RSS Screen Saver appeared after the normal inactive time and I was surprised because I thought SuperDuper would disable it. I guess I should have disabled it before hand. Does anyone know why this happened? Can anyone tell me how to get the RSS feed option back into the Screen Saver preferences panel. It was operating immediately prior to the back up.

I have a dual 1ghz Power PC G4 1.5 GB memory OSX 10.4.11

dnanian
02-02-2008, 04:53 PM
As I indicated, we don't touch the source drive at all, so I don't think we could have done this -- and, no, we don't disable your screen saver...

sophonsiba
02-02-2008, 07:43 PM
So the sequence went like this: RSS screen-saver was working; I repaired permissions; I backed up the system drive; RSS missing from options in Preferences. I wonder if repairing the permissions could have corrupted that file? It seems like the only possibility. I didn't check things out after repairing permissions and before doing the backup. I have had one Mac expert tell me never to touch permissions but most advice says yes.

dnanian
02-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Possibly... it's really hard to say.