PDA

View Full Version : How to look behind the scenes?

mheathcott
01-27-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm getting hanging right off the bat with SD, and I was hoping that there was some way other than just looking at the logfile to see what was going on as this is all I'm seeing at the end:

| 10:40:10 PM | Info | ......COMMAND => Cloning Lorelei to 80 GB HD
| 10:40:10 PM | Info | Copying copy files using script: /Users/maxwellh/Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!/Copy Scripts/Standard Scripts/Backup - all files.dset
| 10:40:10 PM | Info | Loading 21 commands from copy script /Applications/SuperDuper!.app/Contents/Resources/Copy Scripts/Exclude system temporary files.dset
| 10:40:10 PM | Info | Loading 6 commands from copy script /Applications/SuperDuper!.app/Contents/Resources/Copy Scripts/Exclude system cache files.dset
| 10:40:10 PM | Info | Loading 1 commands from copy script /Applications/SuperDuper!.app/Contents/Resources/Copy Scripts/Exclude Norton FileSaver files.dset
| 10:40:10 PM | Info | Loading 2 commands from copy script /Applications/SuperDuper!.app/Contents/Resources/Copy Scripts/Exclude Spotlight search index.dset
| 10:40:10 PM | Info | Loading 0 commands from copy script /Users/maxwellh/Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!/Copy Scripts/Standard Scripts/Backup - all files.dset
| 10:40:10 PM | Info | /Volumes/Lorelei

I saw the bit in some past posts to show what file was currently being copied in Terminal using the "sudo lsof | grep SDCopy" command, but after entering my password and hitting return, I'm getting nothing. Is there any way for me to just look at what's going on behind the scenes via the terminal?

FYI: I am not a pro.

dnanian
01-28-2008, 12:07 PM
The lsof command is what does it. You get "nothing"? Do you get a prompt? What exactly happens?