PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had problems with G-Technology?

Pyezahn
01-12-2008, 10:02 AM
I created a bootable copy of my system (yes, as instructed), but my Macbook Pro won't boot from it. I saw another post from someone saying they were good with G-Tech, so now I'm thoroughly confused. I'm using the G-Drive Mini Triple (recently released to include firewire 800 in addition to 400 and USB). Does anyone have any knowledge about this issue???

dnanian
01-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Are you sure the G-Tech/G-Drive was properly partitioned as "GUID" for your MacBook Pro?

Pyezahn
01-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Are you sure the G-Tech/G-Drive was properly partitioned as "GUID" for your MacBook Pro?

GUID? Pardon my ignorance, but Mac OS Extended (journaled) is how I partitioned it. Not right?

When I purchased the software a couple of weeks ago, I could swear the download page said it WAS Leopard compatible. Now everything I'm reading says that it is NOT. Sounds like that's my problem, yes?

dnanian
01-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Ah, you didn't say you were using Leopard. If you're getting to the "apple screen" with a spinning pinwheel, yes, that's the issue. The Leopard version should be out within a week or so.

Pyezahn
01-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Ah, you didn't say you were using Leopard. If you're getting to the "apple screen" with a spinning pinwheel, yes, that's the issue. The Leopard version should be out within a week or so.

That's my problem, thank you.