PDA

View Full Version : Icon cloned from HD

Jeffus
12-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Hi everyone, this is probably a really stupid question but here goes. I did a first SD backup yesterday and as my previous post says all went absolutely fine with no probs. However on completion of the clone my target disc firewire disc icon changed to my HD icon. I thought it was a problem with an invisible file left over from CCC. So I was going to completely erase the disc and partition it again (I only partitioned it before) and delete CCC. Reading somewhere else on these forums it looks like normal behaviour, is this correct and can it be altered without going into geeky scripts? I would like the firewire icon to stay and not be altered when I clone or Smart backup.

Jeffus.

mikebore
12-08-2007, 08:14 AM
There may be a geeky way, but it takes less than 5 secs to revert to the generic firewire icon.

Select clone HD, Apple+i, click on the icon, delete.

So quick that even if you do it after every clone it is hardly tedious.

Mike

PS (edit) Just noticed the first sticky!....oh well.

Jeffus
12-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Thanks Mike, that's really cool. I have always done the copy and paste method before but your way's a cinche, so quick. Your right after every copy it's not a big problem, thanks again. Yes I just noticed the sticky after I had submitted my post (sorry Dave). Seems like a big issue with some people, all those scripts and unix commands. I can see why it's not top priority in Dave's world but in the fullness of time . . . . . it would be a nice feature in SD. Cheers mate, a very happy, :) :) :)

Jeffus.

dnanian
12-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Check the blog, Jeffus. You'll see that the next update to SuperDuper! will preserve the icon.

Jeffus
12-08-2007, 09:28 AM
That's fantastic news Dave, that will make a lot of very happy people out here. Thanks from all of us to you (and your team) for making a fabulous product even better, and BEFORE CCC did it. :) Nice one. Will it be a free update?

Jeffus.

dnanian
12-08-2007, 09:37 AM
It's a free update.

Jeffus
12-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Woohoo, it just gets better. :) :) :) :)

Jeffus.