PDA

View Full Version : Can I still boot from clone that's been copied from one drive to another?

sood
11-29-2007, 10:07 PM
I recently upgraded to Leopard, but before I did I made a clone of my Tiger HD with SuperDuper which worked great. After I upgraded I realized I needed to partition the firedrive I used in order to also start using Time Machine. Without thinking I dragged all the files of the clone onto another drive and erased and partitioned the original one. During the copy the finder asked for my password so I figured something was up. Now the boot partition doesn't show up anymore on restart. Is there someway to remedy the situation?

Thanks in advance.

dnanian
11-29-2007, 10:20 PM
No, that's pretty much busted, 'sood'. You can't drag a copy from one drive to another like that!

sood
11-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Haha alright guess I screwed up my first ever attempt to do a full backup of my system. There go my tiger-only apps. Just out of curiosity, what would have been the proper way to go about moving the clone in order to repartition the drive?

Thanks for the quick response btw.

dnanian
11-29-2007, 11:08 PM
You'd copy it with SD! again, or use something like iPartition to "live" partition...