PDA

View Full Version : Just one more user that's waiting for Leopard support in SD!

Stevamundo
11-06-2007, 03:10 PM
However I have another question though.

Hi Dave, this is Steve.

I don't think that SD have an “exclude option.” I think that adding that option would be SuperDuper! :D

I have a couple of programs that I don't want to be automatically backuped all of the time. I only want to backup those programs only manually at times.

Thank you.

dnanian
11-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Sure it does, Steve. See the User's Guide.

Stevamundo
11-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Sure it does, Steve. See the User's Guide.

It does? AWESOME! I BOW DOWN TO THE MASTER!!!!!!! :D

Stevamundo
11-06-2007, 03:26 PM
BTW Dave, Apple seriously needs to hire you to work on the “advance options” for their Time Machine.

dnanian
11-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Hardly, Steve. If they wanted to support advanced options, they would have... :)

Stevamundo
11-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Hardly, Steve. If they wanted to support advanced options, they would have... :)

It's a bummer though. Oh well, it works great for you! :)

I just don't like their mandatory hourly backups cluttering my external drive. I ESPECIALLY don't like their unbootable backups!

Hey great, if Apple wants that to be their default because it's so simple that everybody can backup, fine. Just add a couple of advance options for the rest of us. 1. A scheduler, so you have control when your stuff is being backuped up. 2. An option to have BOOTABLE backups or not. To me BOOTABLE backups are the BEST! This essentially means that you have two bootable disks. Thus if your internal disk all of a sudden dies, you still have your bootable external disk to boot into, to do your work while you buy a new internal disk. Then use SD's or TM's Restore function to easily get your new internal disk up and going again. Or vice versa.