PDA

View Full Version : Copy from and to dropdowns greyed out

caek
09-01-2007, 10:31 AM
I just launched SuperDuper without my external backup drive attached and got the usual error about not being able to find the drive. Fine. So I quit, mount the drive, and relaunch SD. Unfortunately now the Copy from and to dropdowns are greyed out (see http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/3366/picture2mw2.png. bembo is my internal drive.) I can click items in the main menue (Preferences, etc.) and the Options and Schedule buttons. However, when I click OK in Options nothing happens and the entire windowed interface stops responding to clicks (the menu still works).

I've tried trashing com.blacey.SuperDuper!.plist and Application Support/Super Duper, but nothing changes. Any ideas?

dnanian
09-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Try deleting the "Saved Settings" folder in Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!, caek...

caek
09-01-2007, 10:53 AM
I've already trashed the whole of ~/Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!. The new Saved Settings folder was empty, but I deleted that just in case. No change.

dnanian
09-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Very weird. OK -- quit SD!, then run

crontab -r

in Terminal. Restart SD! and see if that helps.

caek
09-01-2007, 01:48 PM
No dice. Nothing in my crontab.

I fast-user-switched to another user and the dropdowns worked fine. So I logged out and back in to my regular account and things are fine again. Who knows. This is the first time this has happened in at least a year of using SD!, so I'm happy to chalk this one up to experience.

dnanian
09-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Wow, that's really strange. I don't know what -- in SD! -- would be affected by a fast user switch. Should have suggested a restart first thing! :)