PDA

View Full Version : help with scripts

meeble
05-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Hello,

I am wanting to setup SuperDuper to copy over different directories from different drives to a single backup disc.

But, SuperDuper keeps copying lots of other files too, which I don't need. I have no interest in making the backup bootable.

Can someone shed some light on how to copy ONLY certain directories?

Thanks,
meeble

dnanian
05-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Sure. Follow the general steps in "Excluding files and folders from a backup", but instead of including "Backup - all files", include "Exclude all files".

Then, add the folders you want to copy in the Commands tab, making sure the command in front of each is "copy".

The rest of the steps are the same...

meeble
05-21-2007, 05:41 AM
thanks - I did this, i'll see how it goes. Is there any reason it still says that it is going to make backup bootable?

d

dnanian
05-21-2007, 10:40 AM
We always check to see if it can be made bootable (since we don't know until the copy is complete). If it has an OS we try to make it bootable, and if it fails we let you know. If it has no OS (so bootability isn't an issue), or if it does have an OS and it can be made bootable, the step succeeds.

A bit confusing, but I thought it was better to have a more positive statement than one that was kind of vague...