PDA

View Full Version : Super Duper v Carbon Cloner

drstir
12-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between SuperDuper and Carbon Cloner?

I need to make a choice and I'm not sure which to go for.

Many thanks

David

dnanian
12-07-2006, 10:36 AM
There are an awful lot of differences, David, from UI to Smart Update to accuracy. Perhaps you should give both a try and see which you like?

Pendragon
12-08-2006, 08:15 AM
David,

I have used both. To keep it short, I find SD! far superior: faster, better interface, flexible, reliable, intuitive, great documentation, the best tech support anywhere, and the price is right.

Bratdaddy
12-08-2006, 10:00 PM
I have used both, and was a long-time user of Retrospect, and prefer SD. The added flexibility of SD makes it far more appealing to me. Don't misunderstand, CCC works very well. I back up often and don't want the task in my way. That alone would be enough to recommend SD. Two other cool things about SD. I was running a backup and had a Windows virus sitting in my Sophos quarantine folder and the back up refused to proceed. Very cool. And once I contacted Mr. Nanian about an odd disk space issue. It took all of about 5 minutes to get his reply, which was a bug in another AV program, which I deleted and have had no trouble since.