PDA

View Full Version : error message while copying

jackoe
07-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Hi, first off I'm new to this. I've downloaded and registered Superduper and am attempting to make a bootable version of my harddrive on my Neptune external drive. I did everything the pdf guide listed and started the process. I left the computer and came back, and the "Copy" section of the 3 step process of Superduper was highlighted in red and said error copying files. It copied about 99% of the files, but then it never allowed me to go to the third section of Superduper where you make the drive bootable. What can I do?
thanks,
john

dnanian
07-24-2006, 07:20 AM
Hi, John. It's not continuing because there's been an error during copying. If you click the "Show Log" button, and scroll to the bottom, it'll list the error. The Troubleshooting section of the User's Guide will help you fix whatever problem is present, and then you can "Smart Update" the backup again to finish the last 1%.

If you can't figure out what's going on, click "Send to shirt pocket", enter a subject and description of the problem, make sure the pop-up is set to "Error during copy", and send it off. I'll take a look here and try to help.

jackoe
07-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the quick reply and your help. I'm not near my computer for the next couple of days, but I'm going to use your help as soon as I get to my computer.
john