PDA

View Full Version : Exclude folders based on labels

egilDOTnet
06-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Is it possible with SuperDuper to exclude folders based on their label? If so, could someone tell me how or give a short example on how?

Regards,

EGil

dnanian
06-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Sorry, no: at present, you can only exclude by name or path (with wildcards). We're considering enhancing this capability for the future, however.

egilDOTnet
06-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Ok, thanks for the followup. However, it would be a really nice feature to add, since using a label either to mark something for a special backup plan or to not include in a backup is a very easy and non-technical way of handling what should be included and what should not.

Also, it would be nice to have a "whenever disk is connected" choice in the Schedule area, so that laptop users like myself could have backups occur the moment I hook my backup drive on, without fuzzing with my own applescripts or folder actions to mimic this behavior.

dnanian
06-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the suggestions: we'll keep them in mind as we move forward.

Note that, if you'd like to have a backup run when a drive is connected, you can use Peripheral Vision or "Do This When". Use the steps in the "One Touch Backup" FAQ entry, but instead of setting the button, set one of those programs to execute the file when the appropriate drive is attached.

Hope that helps.

egilDOTnet
06-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks, will have a look at that!

BillDS
09-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I would like to add my voice to the call for being able to exclude files and/or folders based on their label. I just registered SuperDuper, and after doing this in Retrospect for years, that was the first thing I tried to do.
Thank you.