PDA

View Full Version : How long until Intel version?

mdroyal
03-07-2006, 08:46 PM
I know that it's like the kid in the back seat while driving, but how long until the intel version will be ready? This is the best b/u program on the platform and I wasn't aware that I would lose SuperDuper! and Classic all in one purchase. It would have made me purchase something else, but I bought it and hate living with it. Anyway.....enough self pity, I'd appreciate an estimate of how long we may have to wait for proper backup.
Thanks!
Mike

dnanian
03-07-2006, 10:12 PM
We're in late stage testing, Mike. It shouldn't be too much longer.

JD_
03-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Glad to hear it's in the works David!

SuperDuper is not only the best B/U software, it is one of the best software titles anywhere, on any platform!

Even though I'm happy with my G5 Dual 2.5, and won't be in the market for the Intel Mac's for a couple of years, it's great to see that a version of SD will be available soon.

Will my registration be transferable to the Intel machines when I do decide to purchase one?

Thanks again for your great product David!

JD

dnanian
03-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Yes, the Universal version is a free update for registered users, and the unregistered version will (hopefully, obviously) be Universal as well. So, if you're registered, you'll have a Universal version that will work on current Intel macs.

I can't promise that some future Mac, which might run a future OS release, will always run SD 2.x, of course -- no one can do that. But if the Intel mac you choose runs Tiger, v2.1 will work on it.

Nosilla
03-17-2006, 12:23 PM
since 1984 I've always pretended that I would use a robust backup solution, but until SuperDuper! I didn't actually do regular backups. With the ease of this tool, I perform weekly incremental backups of changed files, and it's already saved me once. but now I'm back to sloppy old ways waiting for the Universal version as I upgraded to a MacBook Pro. Great product - hope you get the Universal done soon!

dnanian
03-17-2006, 01:58 PM
No need to wait, Nosilla -- it's been available for a few weeks! :)

DaleMeyn
03-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Dave, I want to strongly second Nosilla. Even though SD! can be dangerous in careless hands (wonder whose those could be?), I have found it makes regular backing up so easy and so precise, I am for the first time in 30 years doing it regularly and even enjoying it. It really is almost a miracle. Dale Meyn.

dnanian
03-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks, Dale! I'm glad it's working well for you.