PDA

View Full Version : Log Files

Budgie
02-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi Dave
My log file in:
Macintosh HD:Users:Budgie:Library:Logs:SuperDuper!.log

hasnt been updating since November 25th am, yet I run SD everyday of the week at 7pm, basically straight after the SD update, how would I get he log to start updating daily again?

[***] Friday, November 25, 2005 09:08:16 AM Pacific/Auckland
|09:08:16 AM|Info| SuperDuper!, version 74, path: /Applications/SUPER DUPER/SuperDuper!.app, OS: 10.4.3 (8F46)

yet the below is upto date as of yeterday, but in saying that it missed out last nights log.
Macintosh HD:Users:kevinparrott:Library:Application Support:SuperDuper!:Saved Settings:.Default Settings.sdsp:Logs:

What could be some possible reasons for this, and how do I get a daily log report out of SD, that I can read?

Cheers
Budgie

dnanian
02-09-2006, 03:00 PM
That log is no longer used, Budgie, which is why it's not updating. The logs are in the settings package for each group of settings, in the folder you listed (for the defaults)...

Budgie
02-09-2006, 03:08 PM
That log is no longer used, Budgie, which is why it's not updating. The logs are in the settings package for each group of settings, in the folder you listed (for the defaults)...

uh, huhh, that'll explain it :0

Am I correct in saying that each time I make a setting change a new log is created?, thus If I leave my settings alone, one log will be created for those settings, which is then updated daily, keeping a record of that settings history only?

Budgie

Budgie
02-09-2006, 03:09 PM
uh, huhh, that'll explain it :0

Am I correct in saying that each time I make a setting change a new log is created?, thus If I leave my settings alone, one log will be created for those settings, which is then updated daily, keeping a record of that settings history only?

Budgie

dnanian
02-09-2006, 03:11 PM
No, we keep the last 10 runs in the Logs folder inside the settings package. Changes to the settings shouldn't delete the logs.

(Logs for scheduled copies are kept in each scheduled item's Logs folder, too.)

Budgie
02-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Cheers Dave

Have a good weekend

Budgie

dnanian
02-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks, Budgie -- you too!