PDA

View Full Version : 2 different backup schedules

supinum
01-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Is it possible to have SD preform more then one schedule?
For example:
Exept for backing up my entire drive every evening I want to have my adressbook backed up twice a week.

could this be done?

dnanian
01-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Of course. You just set up another backup and click "Schedule" again -- you can schedule as many as you'd like.

supinum
01-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Of course. You just set up another backup and click "Schedule" again -- you can schedule as many as you'd like.
Please be ridiculously specific because I dont get simple things like where in what menue I get to set upp another backup. Sorry, ant thanks for your patience! :D
/David

dnanian
01-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Once you've hit the schedule button, David, the "main window" is no longer involved in that particular backup. So -- you just change the main window to what you want, and hit "Schedule" again. Then, you'll have two scheduled backups. Do it again, and you'll have three, etc.

supinum
01-29-2006, 03:56 AM
Once you've hit the schedule button, David, the "main window" is no longer involved in that particular backup. So -- you just change the main window to what you want, and hit "Schedule" again. Then, you'll have two scheduled backups. Do it again, and you'll have three, etc.
I get it! thanks! :D
Can I save these two backuproutines without scheduling them, just keeping them for manual backup at times that suites me?

/david

dnanian
01-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Sure. That's what saving settings is for (File > Save, File > Load Settings...).

supinum
01-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Sure. That's what saving settings is for (File > Save, File > Load Settings...).
ah! I'm almost there! One more thing though....
How do I select a single folder for backup?

dnanian
01-30-2006, 09:23 AM
To select a single folder, use a copy script. Include "exclude all files" in the 2nd tab, and the folder you want to copy in the 3rd, making sure the command in front is "copy". Check the FAQ for the classic mistakes, and realize that selecting a single "folder" to copy doesn't mean we'll only scan that folder... and if you choose "Smart Update" the only thing on the destination volume will be that folder (and its parents)...